Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
(06-25-2024, 03:11 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: So, I went back and watched every snap of the 49ers game. 

Out of 63 offensive plays, including two kneel downs, 1 QB sneak, and 2 run ball-out plays, there were 15 snaps under center. So, 77% of our snaps were still in shotgun. If we remove the fluff (knees, qb sneaks, and running out the clock), we were in shotgun on 83% of our snaps. Still way above league average, and would have been the 3rd highest rate of shotgun usage in 2022 (I can't find cumulative 2023 data)

So...even in the example you used to highlight moving away from a very heavy shotgun offense...we were still a very heavy shotgun offense lol

I used ESPN for the SF play by play and it worked out to being about 66% in the gun. That was a big change from the prior games in the season where they were in the gun 100% of the time. That's about where I expect them to land. No one has said they are going to go majority under center or majority run; just that they do plan to be more balanced than before. Also that they plan to break tendencies, which we saw against SF also. So where Burrow currently tends to pass out of RPO (one reason for all the screens) he may now run a bit more in them. The idea is to make the defense pause and read for a second instead of teeing off. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024 - Joelist - 06-25-2024, 11:03 PM