Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden's infrastruture bill is not being executed.
(06-26-2024, 02:28 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: A local aide to Marcy Kaptur was recently in the news for having received student loan forgiveness. He was getting torched on local talk radio ([color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Fred LeFebvre and the Morning News on 1370 WSPD)[/color] up here, as he was making 80k last year and is making 90k this year. Someone noted that he could have paid the loan off in ten years if he paid less than 70 bucks a month for that time period...

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/politics/2024/06/21/student-loan-forgiveness-congressional-district-race/stories/20240621133

Student loan forgiveness is becoming the focus of the Ohio 9th District race after a staffer in U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur’s office posted a picture on social media of his debt forgiven.

“Just got a call to let me know my student debt has been canceled,” Ben Kamens, Ms. Kaptur’s communications director, wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter. “This is why elections matter. Thanks @JoeBiden.”

Mr. Kamens posted a photo of the loan forgiveness letter showing that he borrowed $8,250.00 in 2010. It is unclear from the post how much he has already paid on the loan.

Mr. Kamens declined a request to comment.

In a subsequent post, he linked to the Federal Student Aid’s Saving on a Valuable Education, or SAVE, plan, which was introduced by President Joe Biden in August 2023. 

The program is an income-driven plan that bases a borrower’s monthly loan payments on their earnings. According to the program, it forgives remaining loans after the borrower has consistently made payments during the repayment period. In April, the Biden-Harris Administration reported over 871,000 people have had their student debt canceled.

During the coronavirus pandemic, the U.S. Department of Education paused student loan payments and set the interest rate to 0 percent. When Mr. Biden took office, he continued to extend the pause past the pandemic.

Ms. Kaptur has supported Mr. Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan, voting in May, 2023, against a resolution that would have lifted the pause on payments. A month later, the President vetoed the resolution, and Ms. Kaptur supported his decision.

Ms. Kaptur is up for re-election in November, facing state Rep. Derek Merrin (R., Monclova Township). Mr. Merrin said her support for the President’s student loan forgiveness program is concerning for the working class. Many Republicans criticize Mr. Biden’s program, claiming the cost eliminated for borrowers is transferred to taxpayers.

Not so fast, Ms. Kaptur...

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/25/judges-halt-key-parts-of-bidens-student-loan-forgiveness-plan-save.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's infrastruture bill is not being executed. - SunsetBengal - 06-26-2024, 02:34 PM