Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$20 Minimum Wage will leave many unemployed and business closures!
(06-25-2024, 02:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Please explain how this works without making things even worse?

Finally, I'm going to make it short because we don't have the same historic background considering our locations. 

When the 1917 russian revolution occured, it scared the shit out of every owner in the west and while the application of communism was terrible for the people living it it had incredible repercussions on european western countries. 

It raised a popular political party who wanted to increase the social conditions of workers and it made the evolution possible. 

My grandparents asked for paid vacations, they said no. It would be impossible, it would crash the economy. 

General strike : Everyone striked and guess what ? 

Paid vacations were OK. It didn't crash anything. 

Then they asked for a 45 hours week, they said no, it would crash the economy 

General strike : Everyone striked and guess what ? 
45 hours a week, it was. 

They asked for healthcare, they said no. It would crash the economy 
And so on 

And for 40, 39 and now 35 hours a week and for 5 weeks paid vacation and for retirement at 62 ( see it Macron ? We didn't like your reform ahaha ! )

Did the economy crash ? Absolutely not. 

They need you way more than you need them.

So if you are saying to me that increasing the basic wadges crash the economy, I'm not really convinced. 

We have this sentence in France : When the right goes mad, it leads to Vel d'Hiv deportation, when the left goes mad, it leads to paid vacations. 

My choice is made. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $20 Minimum Wage will leave many unemployed and business closures! - Arturo Bandini - 06-26-2024, 03:34 PM