Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should Citizens be required to provide valid ID to vote in federal elections?
(06-27-2024, 07:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The Dems have been pushing for anyone inside the borders to have the right to vote. They've also pushed for no voter ID requirements and only a sworn statement stating they are eligible to vote. Some states do not require a voter ID. This has been the biggest debate against mail-in voting (not to mention the fraud that occurs when people die, people move and others get their ballot in the mail). That's a problem. I feel the argument they present of, "not everyone can get a photo ID" is BS. If you don't have a photo ID, in most cases you can't get a job and don't have the skills or resources to even contribute to this country. So, should you vote?

Yes. The fundamental right of every unblemished citizen to vote, imho, can not ever be subject to [of? english grammar sucks...] any restriction whatsoever. As soon as you deem certain people unworthy of voting, you open up a pandora's box that is detrimental to the idea of a democracy.

As for the rest, I am not really aware of major pushes to let non-citizens vote, but maybe that is so. I can not see inside democrat's heads and will not be the honor witness to their well meaning. The one objection I would have against the picture you paint would be that apperently the people that do get caught are not overwhelmingly leaning democrat. At least the same amount of caught fraudsters, so it seems, cast an illegal vote for republicans. So I have a tough time seeing the democrats benefit from fraud in the first place.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Citizens be required to provide valid ID to vote in federal elections? - hollodero - 06-27-2024, 07:35 PM