Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cowboys' Jerry Jones takes jab at Bengals during testimony in court at NFL's Sunday T
(06-27-2024, 03:50 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Bad take my guy. Who took the risk? Who leveraged his and his families future? The Billionaire. Not the employee. Did he have HELP? Absolutely and I'm sure he's compensated those who did help him VERY well. And making money of investments IS risky. Very risky but it's also smart. 

The farmer off the grid is also self made, in his own way. But not trying to become a billionaire. 

I have employees, who I pay very well for the work they provide. My company couldn't operate without them. But they aren't the ones signing the paychecks and taking the risk managing the cash flows and deciding what levers to pull and when. That's me. 

Took the risk? That's self made? That's insane. That's like saying that Elon is self made or Jeff Bozos is self made. The vast majority of wealth is generational wealth, get outta here with that sh!t. Risk is not self made. Maybe a guy starting his own plumbing business or a carpenter, but once you hire employees you are no longer self made. You have money? You sound like all the other rich people & their propaganda. Carnegie was self made? Rockefeller? Vanderbilt? None of them did the work, they were just the money. Without workers & the people buying the goods they are nothing. Who's more important to the economy, rich people or the workers & consumers?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cowboys' Jerry Jones takes jab at Bengals during testimony in court at NFL's Sunday T - PCB Bengal Fan - 06-28-2024, 11:10 AM