Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could RFK Jr step in for Biden?
(06-29-2024, 12:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is a twist I didn’t see coming. Of course it’s just a “What if” article, but if I remember correctly, he was a Dem before he claimed independent. So this got me wondering. Many of you who support Biden have voiced some strong negatives about RFK Jr. But what if Biden stepped aside and RFK stepped in as the Democratic candidate?  https://www.newsweek.com/robert-kennedy-jr-addresses-replacing-biden-democratic-ticket-1918956

Democrats face a number of issues attempting to replace Biden, even with Kamala.

RFK Jr. has not qualified in a lot of states. It is the states who determine their criteria to get on their ballot.

Biden has over 200 million dollars in the bank. The money is not permitted to be turned over to another candidate so the new person would be in a huge campaign finance hole.

Every alternative to Biden is polling worse than Biden.

Few Democrats have name recognition Nationally. No doubt, the liberal base would vote for any Democratic candidate. The problem is swing voters. Would they feel duped by the DNC for hiding Biden's mental state of mind. He did not wake up Thursday and suddenly shows signs of dementia. Those in his orbit including his wife, Kamala, Schumer, DNC and other Democrats had to see the decline.

Some may give them a pass, but voters are not stupid, the media and the entire DNC got exposed during the debate.

I am not sure at this late stage they can switch out Biden and have any shot at beating Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could RFK Jr step in for Biden? - Luvnit2 - 06-29-2024, 12:48 PM