Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could RFK Jr step in for Biden?
(06-29-2024, 03:26 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: After 7 years of Trump and Biden, it should be plainly obvious that POTUS is largely a figurehead, as I've been saying for a long time.

I think most of us can agree. But you also need a person to be competent and confident. Trump is confident but lacks competency, simply because his ego is beyond the stars.
Quote:Career staffers have been running things for a long time.  A President may have deep expertise on a few topics, but even then it's no match for people who's entire education and experience is in the field.  Those people KNOW how to "guide" the President to the solutions they favor.  And if not, those same people know how to torpedo the policy so it gets knocked down by Congress or the courts, or is just rendered toothless by design.

Agreed. A president doesn't make these decisions on his own, he's usually just a piece of the approval process. But, he does get the credit, good or bad. But the actual blame goes to the American voter. Our congress is full of lunatics. Our senate does not fare much better. But, we keep putting the same idiots in the seats.
Quote:
Quote:It's too bad people don't expend the same energy and scrutiny for their elected representatives.  Congress, not the President, is who appropriates all the spending and passes (or doesn't pass) all the laws.

Again, a President takes the credit under their administration. But at the same time when things are wrong, he blames lawmakers as an out. It's all bullshit anyway. I don't think we've had a good congress or senate for a while. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could RFK Jr step in for Biden? - HarleyDog - 06-29-2024, 03:38 PM