Poll: Which AFCN do you fear the most in 2024?
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
No one
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AFCN - who do you fear the most in 2024?
(07-01-2024, 02:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You don't feel that having an improvement at the Safety position will have an impact on how well the rushing defense performs? If was revealed that the LBs played tentatively last season, due to having inexperience calling the secondary last season. Having an experienced Safety in Bell calling the secondary will allow Wilson and Pratt to focus on what is in front of them, rather than being unsure of what is going on behind them.

I've played enough LB myself to know the impact or lack of impact safety communication has on the run game. While yes, there communication on the backend could have played a part but 1) usually the LBs are making the calls and are helping the safeties determine who is going to spin into the box when needed 2) Looking back at a lot of our games, it was rare that the issue on runs was a safety not spinning into the box. 

That said, it certainly happened. I just don't think those rare occurrences being fixed will outweigh loosing the best run stopping DT in the league. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AFCN - who do you fear the most in 2024? - Lucius Cincinnatus - 07-01-2024, 02:41 PM