Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andre Iosivas & Chase Brown article.
(07-03-2024, 09:25 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Easily?

I can see him being WR6 more easily than WR3.  

He had no idea how to play slot, which hopefully has surely gotten better, but he likely needs to be able to be trusted at all spots to become WR3.  IMHO

Irwin has Burrow's trust and Burton has an extremely high ceiling in which one big game could plant him firmly at WR3.  As of today, I see Jones and Yoshi battling for WR5 then WR4 passing Irwin.

Living on whor.e island, my perspective is a level above most.

I think people are discounting Charlie Jones's potential just because he didn't bust onto the scene his rookie year as a WR.
Charlie Jones athletically is elite.
He was fantastic at Purdue his senior year, putting up 110 rec for 1361 yards and 12 TDs.
Jones was taken only one round later than Burton.
Both Jones and Burton are about the same long speed and height, but Jones looks to be even more twitchy.

I am not saying this to down Burton. I think Burton is very talented. I am merely pointing out that Jones has a lot of potential too, so don't let his rookie year in which he was primarily used as the PR result in people disregarding him as a contender for WR3.
At least for me, it's a truly open competition for the WR3-4 spots between Iosivas, Irwin, Burton, and Jones.
The Bengals, for the first time in a long time, actually look to have really good WR depth.
I'm excited to see this WR position battle pan out this August.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andre Iosivas & Chase Brown article. - ochocincos - 07-03-2024, 09:44 AM