Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens spoiler thread
(01-07-2016, 11:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Speaking of links to Jacen Solo, I knew Kylo Ren was a Solo when Adam Driver discussed the character in an interview. He said he wasn't truly evil, he was an ideologue who believes what he is doing is the right thing for the galaxy. That's what happened to Jacen.

He was more Jedi while his sister, Jaina, was more pilot. He gets captured during the Yuuzhan Vong war (aliens void of the force who use all organic technology) and is bonded with this alien thing that eventually becomes your ship. As a result he gains an understanding of them and how to feel them in the force (in a way). He also connects with a Jedi who was captured by them decades ago and reveals to him that there is no light or dark, it's all about your intent.

After the war, he travels for years learning arcane Jedi teachings. While off, he has a kid with a former classmate at the Jedi academy who is queen of her planet. They have to keep her parentage a secret. He eventually meets a Sith who convinces him that a vision he has the galaxy being destroyed and his daughter dying will come true unless he turns to the Dark Side to bring balance. He eventually becomes involved in galactic politics and turns it into a police state. He keeps his Sith fall a secret and eventually secretly kills Luke's wife, his former master. Eventually he takes the name Darth Caedus. His sister eventually trains with Boba Fett to learn to kill him and does. I stopped reading the books with this one because I found it unbelievable. Jaina was never the Jedi her brother was. She was an ace pilot and more soldier than anything else. Fett, who was now Mandalor, training or not, he easily kicks her ass an a force fueled battle.

Basically Kylo Ren was modeled after this. He is led to believe that what he is doing is right, despite having doubts about it all.

You might have just blown th minds of those that ere unaware of Fett's escape from the sarlacc. LOL
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - J24 - 12-19-2015, 03:29 AM
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - Belsnickel - 01-08-2016, 12:09 AM