Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens spoiler thread
I guess I am one of the few that wasn't impressed with the new movie.

I just find the idea of Rey to be boring. No matter her background, the whole story just feels forced. (no pun intended)

It seems that they are reaching to try and make her interesting, which you would think wouldn't be needed considering her ability to use the force with 0 training in it's use. Luke at least traveled with Obi Wan and witness some of the techniques and had a rudimentary grasp of the basics before doing the things that he did.

Anakin who was supposed to be a child born of the force even needed to be guided in it's use before having any proficiency, yet Rey is able to do a Mind Trick and telekinesis without even seeing them in action.

To me Finn had more of a story and even his was a bit sketchy. He was raised a Stormtrooper his whole life, has a maintenance job, and then is finally put in battle, only to chicken out the moment a different Stormtrooper is killed, causing him to be completely hesitant the whole battle and thus defy his orders. Then his character is supposed to be about self preservation, but he kept putting himself in danger for people that he doesn't even know.

Glad the movie made a bunch of money, but still thought it was boring and lacked anything other than pretty special effects.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - J24 - 12-19-2015, 03:29 AM
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - Sovereign Nation - 01-08-2016, 08:59 AM