Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burfict in the Steelers heads?
(01-08-2016, 09:55 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: He's a boundary pusher. A talented player that straddles the boarder of gamesmanship and legality. He's not the first. We've seen it in Suh, Haynesworth, Incognito, Rodney and James Harrison, Hines Ward, can even go back to Deacon Jones and his head slaps. Though I don't think Burfict is quite on the level of some of the guys I have listed, he does try his best to wind up and get in the heads of the opposition. A lot of very good championship teams have had these types of guys on their roster. The guy who can disrupt gameplans by going off piste. You hate it when your team is on the receiving end of it (as the Bengals have a lot) but ultimately it can be effective.

I think the minute Burfict gave Cam's recovering ankle a blatant little twist after making a tackle we realised he was not the cleanest. You know what, for decades it has been us as fans, moaning at the Steelers playing cheap and using dirty tactics to get an edge. Now it seems we are hearing just as much whining from the Steelers. From my perspective, that must be a good sign. A changing of the guard.

(01-08-2016, 10:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: My sentiments exactly.  If we're gonna play in their division, we need an enforcer type guy or guys.  Burfict is just what the doctor ordered.  The thing about Vontaze, he is rather edgy on the field, but doesn't seem to be a distraction off of it.  You couple that with his desire, and the way he worked his tail off to get back on the field.....well, I'm glad he's on this team.

OP, yes, I think he is starting to get in their heads....and they don't like it. ThumbsUp

I am with you guys on this and i am just happy he is on our side.

Love the passion this dude plays with. He is an old school type player in the new age NFL.

He will be fined a lot and maybe even suspended at times cause of this in todays NFL...

But i am stilly very happy to have him.

Yeah, he is in the Steeler's heads no question, and so is Reggie Nelson and Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Burfict in the Steelers heads? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-08-2016, 04:24 PM