Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building
(01-08-2016, 03:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: yes I know all about that, it's my link that I provided.

However, that kid is also mentally challenged and because of the sandpaper incident, he obviously has a grudge against the family. Which makes him the perfect target for the Feds to manipulate against the family.

I never said they were the "Cleavers", but well liked with in the community. If that's all you got, then it really doesn't hold much water to making them out to be these bad terrorists.

Or, because of the sandpaper incident he was scared to say much about the family?

Cause, it's either way. But... two things.

A ) I don't think anyone considers the Hammonds terrorists. All they did was destroy public property and abuse a kid. What most people are referring to are the Bundy's, the ones who have taken over public property through the use of force and threatened violence if it's retaken (which, to some, is perfectly acceptable behavior and not terroristic at all).

B ) Even if the kid's statement was false — which judging by the fact Steve Hammond "had to take anger management classes, perform 40 hours of community service, and stay away from his nephew" I would say it wasn't, although I understand you feel differently than a jury of his peers — there's still the matter of destroying public property by the use of fire, trying to stop public use of public land, etc. 

I had family out west. I spent a lot of time growing up there. I get the mentality a lot of folks have of it's "their" land. It's not. It's public land. If hunters have gone through the hoops, they've got a right to hunt on it. If a species is endangered and the feds or some other group wants to use part of it to make a safe habitat, that's part of it. The idea that a few ranchers should have the only access to thousands of acres — none of which they have to upkeep or pay for — because they say so is absurd. Try that crap by going to your local city park and setting up a car lot. You'll wind up in jail before the end of the night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Benton - 01-08-2016, 04:53 PM