Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do the numbers say?
(01-08-2016, 07:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: People disregard the mathematical model, as if it is supposedly full proof. Of course it isn't full proof, but it's surely more accurate than some wild guess which is what most analysists and fans resort to. I believe I read it has 66.17% accuracy or something, which is really really good actually for this sort of application.

All it really means is that the Bengals and Cardinals have the best overall teams in the NFL. Does it mean they will make the super bowl? No. What it does do is make it even more regretful that Dalton is hurt. It's clear that this team is stacked and all convential knowledge points to them going far in the postseason. Unfortunatly, emotions and past bias take place of educated analysis, so this is seen as "incorrect" or "false".

I received my degree in applied mathematics about 3 weeks ago, and reading this article gave me some more confidence about tomorrow (nerdy confidence lol). ALSO, cortana also predicted that the Bengals win this weeks matchup, another mathematical program that predicts outcomes of games. Cortana predicted every winner of the World Cup correctly and was 8-3 in last seasons NFL playoffs.. Cortana picked the Bengals over the Steelers, and because of my background, I tend to stick with the computers. I wouldn't put it past the Bengals to defy logic and ruin computational mathematics though...

I knew you were a nerd. :jk:

It was a very interesting article i must say and it shown we were the most complete team this year and MJD
says so as well. I was callin for a Bengals/Cardinals SB before the Dalton injury. The Dalton injury and then the
complete meltdown the Cards had against the Squawks kind of made me take a step back.

BTW i think MJD had some really good points. 2-1 with a backup QB and the one loss going to overtime against
the best Defense in the league. We have the best roster from top to bottom but the Cards might be the most
balanced. Doesn't mean we don't beat them if we get there, especially if we have a healthy Dalton.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What do the numbers say? - bengals73 - 01-08-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: What do the numbers say? - Aquapod770 - 01-08-2016, 05:40 PM
RE: What do the numbers say? - milksheikh - 01-08-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: What do the numbers say? - XenoMorph - 01-08-2016, 06:23 PM
RE: What do the numbers say? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-08-2016, 07:41 PM