Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens spoiler thread
(01-08-2016, 07:36 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: This is so wrong.

Luke spent time with Obi Wan, he was getting some instruction.  Incomplete, but enough to have a bit of an understanding on the way it works. 

Luke was also hesitant in his beliefs. It took Obi Wan dying before he truly trusted the force. Spending a few hours with the training ball isn't exactly "well versed"

Do you really think that Luke could beat Vader in ANH? or even in ESB (especially the beginning before going to Dagobah)?

No? Who the hell said he could? Or are you still being weird and saying Ren = Vader? Which is a very ignorant statement.

Luke had to go through a crash beginners course in the 1st movie, and Obi Wan reaching beyond death, in order to "Use the force to destroy the first Death Star".  Then in the 2nd movie he had to go through an extensive training period before his confrontation with Vader.  Even then he was outmatched and beaten.

So, Luke gets the benefit of a crash course (if that) and it's okay...but Rey can't just figure it out? Uh...okay...

In the 3rd movie, it was established that he spent even more time training under Yoda in order to be as proficient as he was.  He was able to defeat Vader and through his blood ties with him and the call of the light side was ultimately able to defeat Palpatine.

Actually, Luke was getting his ass smoked by Palpatine and Vader beat him.

In the prequels, Anakin was able to fly in the pod races, but he wasn't any good as he always lost.  Sure he was calling up the instinctive side of the force to help him fly, but the ability to build his pod racer came more from his love of pod racing and not from any Force using abilities.  It took him training under Obi Wan to become competent in it's use, and even then he was still prone to making mistakes.

BTW... I like so many people, hated the prequels, so to say that "no one had a problem with the plot holes in those" is also wrong.  I didn't like them, much for the same reason I don't like this new movie.  I will go see the next one, but I am not buying into the hype.

The more I read this, the less I think you understood the new movie than you think you do. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - J24 - 12-19-2015, 03:29 AM
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - RoyleRedlegs - 01-08-2016, 11:02 PM