Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Last Free Agent? (Miller)
(06-12-2015, 11:52 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Eifert was not drafted to replace Gresham, he was simply BPA and he's not no where nearly as good of a blocker as Gresham.

Miller is a good blocker, so I wouldn't mind that at all, and I don't trust Eifert to stay healthy yet.

If Eifert goes down again, we'd be forced to find another TE that's not very good. I'd rather let our rookies learn their spots and be eased in instead of being forced into the starting lineup.

What we should do is bring back Gresham for a 1 year deal and let him prove his health to the league and we would get a great blocker to help us, not only that, but after the season he will have plenty of suitors so we'd get a comp pick for him.

Spot on Mike, except i doubt we bring back Gresham. There seemed to be some hard feelings, especially on the Bengals side towards him.

The reason we drafted Kroft is he shown the ability to block and we were looking to replace Gresham.

It was obvious for all to see from Hobspin's articles that they wanted pretty much rid of him. Might backfire on us, but it is what it is.

I just hope Kroft can live up to the coaches expectations. Eifert is our playmaking pass catching TE, he is not Gresham who was a solid blocker/solid pass catcher. That is what the coaches saw in Kroft, so they grabbed their man.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One Last Free Agent? (Miller) - Au165 - 06-12-2015, 11:09 AM
RE: One Last Free Agent? (Miller) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-12-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: One Last Free Agent? (Miller) - Au165 - 06-12-2015, 12:10 PM
RE: One Last Free Agent? (Miller) - JSR18 - 06-12-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: One Last Free Agent? (Miller) - Au165 - 06-12-2015, 04:03 PM