Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good free spyware/malware repair programs
(06-12-2015, 02:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Flash Coupon is a nasty browser extension adware. You usually get it as an add-on with something else you've downloaded or installed.

Check your browser extensions, and disable/remove if listed. You can reset your browser to it's default settings. Also, go to you control panel "add/remove programs" and check for a Flash Coupon listing/ or anything saying "saver, discount, search assist, or surf", , or any new programs that were installed at about the same time you noticed the Flash Coupon starting to show up. Uninstall the program/s.

Malwarebytes is a terrific adware/malware program to use in addition to your regular anti-virus. Malwarebytes will often find and remove stuff that your anti-virus will miss. Once you install it (it's free), run a full scan.

As for an anti-virus program, I would highly recommend Bitdefender. It's a lightweight program, that doesn't require many resources/ I've used it and Malwarebytes for years...they've worked great for me.

Where/how do you check browser extensions? I have already donr the uninstall of flash coupon.

I downloaded and ran a 30 day free trial of avast. It corrected the flash coupon, found a trojan virus. But now it keeps popping up with an audio "threat has been detected" warning. That is almost as annoying. I may try your browser extension solution, then add Bit defender and Malwarebytes, then uninstall the Avast program.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good free spyware/malware repair programs - Beaker - 06-12-2015, 03:00 PM
RE: Good free spyware/malware repair programs - 34inXXIII - 06-12-2015, 05:27 PM