Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good free spyware/malware repair programs
(06-12-2015, 03:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: Where/how do you check browser extensions? I have already donr the uninstall of flash coupon.

I downloaded and ran a 30 day free trial of avast. It corrected the flash coupon, found a trojan virus. But now it keeps popping up with an audio "threat has been detected" warning. That is almost as annoying. I may try your browser extension solution, then add Bit defender and Malwarebytes, then uninstall the Avast program.

If you're using Chrome, click the options icon in the top right corner, next to the address bar...go to "settings", then to "extensions". If it's still listed, just disable/trash it.

And yeah, whenever I help someone with computer issues (viruses, malmare, etc) I always recommend a combination of Bitdefender/Malwarebytes. Avast, AVG, Panda, etc are decent options...but they are also a bit more intrusive and give more false hits, on average.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good free spyware/malware repair programs - Bengalholic - 06-12-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Good free spyware/malware repair programs - 34inXXIII - 06-12-2015, 05:27 PM