Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christian Couple Vows To Get Divorced If Gay Marriage Is Legalized
(06-12-2015, 02:47 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Exodus Chapter 21, verse 1:

Now these are the ordinances which you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,' then his master shall bring him to the judges, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall bore his ear through with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.

Exodus Chapter 21, verse 20:

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

Yeah.  This sounds nothing like the slavery that was practiced in the states.  They weren't the "property" of their masters.  

(06-12-2015, 02:59 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Apparently they didn't mean "property" the way they mean it now or something.

Humans as "property" seems like it would always be immoral, but that's just me.  I mean I understand the need to work for a living, but that sort of arrangement seems a bit extreme.  

That line should be "disturbing" to all people, but it is amazing the things some people are able to rationalize in order to make sense of their beliefs.  

Not sure you are adding anything new to what I stated; many sold themselves into slavery in historical times (This is a historical fact, not a biblical one, and certainly not a Christian one). Do you think it was wrong to establish rules for such actions?

It amazes me the things people try to suggest in order to comdemn someone else's religion.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Couple Vows To Get Divorced If Gay Marriage Is Legalized - bfine32 - 06-12-2015, 04:02 PM