Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Thoughts from after the game
(01-10-2016, 03:48 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: 1) The most disappointing thing for me when it comes to the coaching isn't the "Oh noes, they lost control of the players." narrative that the media is trying to sell. It was one penalty on a football play that was unfortunate, but wasn't anywhere near a cheap shot or out of control, and one mess that I still don't have a clear idea what in the hell it was. How that turns into, "we've lost control of everyone," I don't know. What disappoints me most is the decision to put the ball in Hill's hand on the last offensive possession. In a game where the ball is slipping out of everyone's hands, the D is going for a strip, in a situation where the FG is already in hand, with a D who doesn't give up TDs, why are you running the ball with a RB that isn't known for being completely sure-handed? Take a knee, a give it to Burkhead, anything but that.

2) I hate CBS, Jim Nantz, and Phil Simms more than I ever thought possible before this game.

3) AJ McCarron is a good prospect and a good backup. He's not Andy Dalton right now, and this is Andy Dalton's team. I think it was telling that Andy injures himself trying to make a tackle after throwing an interception, giving it his all. McCarron throws an interception and then just stands there. Dalton has something special about him. I don't see it in AJ.

4) If the media and the NFL are determined to make us the bad guys, I'm about ready to embrace it. Go all Patriots Eff You to the entire league. Run up scores, be the bad boys, and generally don't give a crap.

5) The call on Burfict was the right call. The moralizing about it being a cheap shot isn't warranted, IMO. It isn't worth a suspension, like the announcers suggested. The idea that Burfict should be further punished for that, but the hit on Gio was merely "unfortunate" makes me more mad than anything.

6) I'm okay with moving on from Marvin if, and ONLY if, the Bengals have their guy to be his replacement in their back pocket. I'm not willing to move on from Marvin just to see what's out there. Better Marvin than a jump on the coaching carousel of doom. That's a sure way back to the '90s era of complete ineptidude. Can't bring myself to want Cowher.

7) I hate the Steelers.

Number 7 X 1000.

2:  I would assume Hue would be the guy in the back pocket.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Thoughts from after the game - BonnieBengal - 01-10-2016, 03:57 AM