Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The POSITIVE Takeaways Thread
(01-10-2016, 05:08 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: 1. It's true because he played horribly.

2. He went 5/15 on third down conversions against the 30th rated pass defense. He constantly overthrew/underthrew receivers, and even missed multiple times on screen passes (LOL). He had 2 turnovers while playing a conservative offense, and it could have easily been 4-5 turnovers. It's silly to bring up QB rating, because that doesn't tell the game.

3. Oh yeah... the 1st drive we had a TD was all McCarron even though the reason why we had it was because of a PI call. He literally completed 0 passes that drive. The 2nd TD drive he had a bad lofted ball to Green for a TD. Good job McCarron!

4. No, it was a bad pass. Anyone with a brain, and working eyeballs could see that it was a bad pass. It raining isn't a good excuse for almost turning the ball over 4-5 times

5. Yes. He was constantly hanging his receivers out to dry. Eifert had more than a few big hits because of McCarrons ball placement, and he obviously didn't help Gio at all. The deference between Big Ben and McCarron is that McCarron was going against a bad defense, and Ben was going against arguably the best defense in the world.

Stop making yourself look stupid. McCarron played bad, and you should go see doctor for being delusional .

1.  Well I guess if you repeat yourself enough times it might convince someone.

2.  You are again repeating yourself except you undermined your earlier claim that he "couldn't convert a 3rd down."  You admit that he converted 5 of them.  And if you want to reject QB rating as a useful metric, what should we rely on?  Your ignorant opinion?  Yeah let's just go with that.   Nervous

3.  It was a catchable ball on both throws to AJ Green.  He would have caught the first one if he hadn't been mugged and drawn the PI flag.  You have a problem with catchable balls down the field?

4.  It was a duck.  Even the NFL Network highlights make a note of the wet ball and his subsequent use of a glove on his throwing hand.

5.  Eifert's job is to catch the ball.  Gio's job is to catch the ball.  The NFL has rules in place to protect receivers.  This isn't Pop Warner football.  As far as the "best defense in the world," again are we substituting your ignorant opinions for actual metrics and statistics?  Was it the defense that allowed the Steelers to go down the field from their own 8 yard line and kick the game winning FG?

I'm not saying McCarron played great.  I'm saying he played well enough to win the game and made plays at the end when he needed to.  In his first playoff start, in his 4th career NFL start.

I'm also saying he had a better QB rating than Andy Dalton ever has had in a playoff game, so all the people saying "If we had Andy we would have won 60-3!" need to think again.

This is not taking anything away from Andy Dalton's season, or his improvement as a QB.  I'm not here to bag on Andy.  But if you are bagging on McCarron I'm going to bring up what Andy has done, especially when people want to suggest Andy would have destroyed the Steelers.  This is playoff football.  It's not easy for anyone.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The POSITIVE Takeaways Thread - Emphasis - 01-10-2016, 04:11 AM
RE: The POSITIVE Takeways Thread - Rattler - 01-10-2016, 04:14 AM
RE: The POSITIVE Takeways Thread - Krumie - 01-10-2016, 04:16 AM
RE: The POSITIVE Takeaways Thread - BigSeph - 01-10-2016, 05:22 AM
RE: The POSITIVE Takeaways Thread - t3r3e3 - 01-10-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: The POSITIVE Takeaways Thread - t3r3e3 - 01-10-2016, 04:30 AM