Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christian Couple Vows To Get Divorced If Gay Marriage Is Legalized
(06-12-2015, 07:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No it has not and it is no longer required to until "things change". He fulfilled the prophecy and he has "come back" once. Not sure why I have to keep repeating this.

I don’t know what else to tell you. I have already mentioned that it was an historical fact that Slavery existed in the times of Moses; I further explained that many did this freely. There were also cases of folks that could not pay their debt and often times prisoners of war that were slaves.

It was forbidden to sell someone into slavery, as was the practice in 17th century America and many places today. There were also a number of early Christians that were slaves to Romans. God merely established guidelines to this practice and the vast majority of these guidelines addressing treating the slave with respect. The resurrection of Jesus does not make these rules wrong; it merely frees us from them.

In modern day America many kids are born into poverty; do you blame God for not forbidding poverty? Do answer that; I already know.
This thread has derailed far enough and has turned into the all too common “Bad Christian” theme with the same tired analogies.  “In biblical times it was OK to stone an adulteress, so that means that as a Christian you think it is Ok to stone an adulteress”. Folks talk about a concept that they cannot grasp because they try to use only their head. I will contribute no further to the derailment of this thread.  

You and I view slavery as an abomination. God condoned slavery.

Let that sink in.

This thread is about a Christian couple and how their judgment is affected by their religious beliefs. We are still discussing Christians and how their judgment is affected by their religious beliefs, correct?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Couple Vows To Get Divorced If Gay Marriage Is Legalized - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-12-2015, 07:36 PM