Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Vontez Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league
(01-10-2016, 05:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't uderstand people trying to use this as an argument.  That is all the more reason that the NFL wants other teams to succeed, so they can up the merchandise sold across the board.

Do you think that members of other fan bases are going to go out and buy Steeler gear if they succeed?  No.  Will they buy more of their own teams gear because the Steelers win?  No.  The Steelers large fan base will still be buying that gear.  But success of the other franchises increases the revenue created by the other franchises.

Look at how much merchandising money the Seahawks raked into the league over the last 3 seasons that was definitely not being sold prior.

In order for that argument to have any merit, the Cowboys have to be on top of the league every year.  And we all know that is far from the case.

No you're right and I'm just being a snarky biznatch because of the game

BUT

It's easier for a free agent fan to jump on the steelers bandwagon than on that of the Cincinnati bengals. There is some perception about this team that makes most fans not want to touch us with a 10 foot pole. If you had the opportunity to let one of these teams continue on and gather up bandwagon fans along the way, you would choose the Steelers. They have history and are warm and welcoming to any new scrub that throws on a Ben R jersey. The Bengals on the other hand are hard to root for. Why buy a jersey of a team that is going to get you made fun of every bar you go to?

It seems that letting the Steelers progress onward would lead to more revenue than if you let the wishy washy Bengals continue on.

Once again, this is snarky unfactual biased anger being channeled from me.. but meh whatever Big Grin
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vontez Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league - GreenCornBengal - 01-10-2016, 05:51 PM