Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christian Couple Vows To Get Divorced If Gay Marriage Is Legalized
(06-12-2015, 08:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The Great Flood. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.   The sacrifice of Isaac.   Just off the top of my head.

My fault. I was speaking on a more micro level. Every day choices, not the condition of a city/region. 

I can't rationalize Abraham and Isaac. Seems pretty severe to me but i don't ask "why?" for every question i have because i choose to focus on the end, not each step of the journey. We can both agree that there are plenty of "whys?" to ask, i just don't do it as often as others because i don't think it's as important.

Quote:God condoned slavery which means he accepted slavery.   At the very least he is culpable.   God commanded, "Thou shalt not kill."  He didn't issue a series of rules regarding the who, what, where, when, why, and how rules for murder like he did for slavery.   God didn't condone murder so He commanded don't do it.

When people talk about slavery, the image they have is taking people from their homeland and selling them. The bible is pretty clear on this; "He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death." (Exodus 21:16). The rest is up for debate..indentured servants...wartime spoils...etc. None of us lived in that time and to assume anything about it just causes circular arguments. There's no need for rules of murder since murder has never been the acceptable practice of a time.

Quote:He forced Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden for eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. You can't know the difference between right and wrong if you don't know the difference between good and evil. You can't understand disobeying God is wrong if you don't know what right and wrong are. God expelled Adam and Eve from Eden and he cursed the ground. The fall of man is due to original sin. Original sin is why all men are sinners and the world is full of sin. To summarize, all the ills of the world are because God is punishing all of humanity for Adam and Eve's original sin even though they couldn't yet understand right from wrong when they ate the forbidden fruit and God knew it would happen before He created Adam and Eve.

The one that created them tells them they can live forever in a paradise as long as they don't do one thing; eat from a tree which will cause you to "surely die". Pretty clear reason and explanation. I can't see anything that would be difficult to understand. Without a clear explanation, i can see your point. There was a clear explanation.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Couple Vows To Get Divorced If Gay Marriage Is Legalized - rfaulk34 - 06-12-2015, 09:40 PM