Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn't the 2 pt conversion getting more scrutiny?
(01-10-2016, 06:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: To me, Hue getting too cute with the 2 point conversion attempt was the biggest coaching miscue of the game. The previous TD, Jeremy Hill had run the ball in from 2 yards out standing up. They couldn't stop us for 2 yards in the jumbo package with Fisher lead blocking. Instead, Hue calls a play that played right into the strength of the D....the speed of their LBs. We make that 2 point conversion and the FG at the end is for the tie. And I like our chances in OT.
Spot on.

We had the momentum and will power that we probably would have had it.  Instead, Hue decides to "outsmart" everyone with a swing pass.

I have to say, Jeremy is taking a beating for fumbling (rightfully so) to put them in position to win the game; but he has to be commended for reeling in that floater from behind him.  Had it made it through, there were two Steelers converging to recover and advance it, with a real good shot at getting the 2 points to give them the lead back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why isn't the 2 pt conversion getting more scrutiny? - jfkbengals - 01-10-2016, 06:26 PM