Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin not going anywhere per Schefter.
I'm not really all that opposed to letting Marvin play out his current deal. He's still pretty good at evaluating personnel and has more freedom than any new hire will get from the organization. It took a long time to get to the point where they are right now in terms of drafting and player development. I think the Lewis/Tobin dynamic is something we should be reluctant to break up.

My main concern for the team concerning Marvin is his standing with the players. People always say that "These players weren't around in the lost decade." or "These guys don't know about curses because they were just kids when the Bengals were a laughingstock." Now I think those kinds of statements are out the window. Our key players like AJ, Andy, Geno, Dunlap, MJ, Rey M and Whit have been though the 5 straight playoff debacles. Guys just might start believing that this team will never win a damn thing. Why would they believe otherwise. They've seen it end the same way for half a decade. Some of them are getting into the back end of their careers.

I think that there's a real threat that a losing, apathetic culture could take hold in the locker room. There are already reports of players anonymously saying Marvin has no control over the defensive players. I take them with a grain of salt for now, but I'd keep an eye on how it develops.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin not going anywhere per Schefter. - samhain - 01-10-2016, 06:28 PM