Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Vontez Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league
(01-10-2016, 07:35 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Bad technique but I don't think it was intentional.  It was perfect timed too I thought.  Don't matter how you hit em once they start to run and he had, barely but still.  I'd have taken the call if we got it tho

This is simply NOT true....

NEW RULE: A ban on a ball carrier initiating contact with the crown of his helmet in the open field or by a defender while making a tackle.

What the rule changes: A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or a tackler against an opponent would not be deemed a foul.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238662/article/new-nfl-rules-crownofhelmet-change-to-help-runner-defender

There isn't a question as to whether or not Bernard was outside of the tackle box.  He clearly was.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vontez Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league - Shepdawg - 01-10-2016, 07:44 PM