Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn't the 2 pt conversion getting more scrutiny?
(01-10-2016, 06:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: To me, Hue getting too cute with the 2 point conversion attempt was the biggest coaching miscue of the game. The previous TD, Jeremy Hill had run the ball in from 2 yards out standing up. They couldn't stop us for 2 yards in the jumbo package with Fisher lead blocking. Instead, Hue calls a play that played right into the strength of the D....the speed of their LBs. We make that 2 point conversion and the FG at the end is for the tie. And I like our chances in OT.

I've never been a fan of Hue as our OC.  I think he's tremendously overrated.  I think given his background as a backs/WR coach he'd surely know how to design plays to beat zone or man coverage. Instead our receivers are consistently catching contested throws.  Far too many designed screens with not enough blockers.  Throws downfield on 3rd and shorts.  With the talent we have Hue should not have to design plays to the backup tackle.  Nor does he have to do these crazy formations.  I will be very happy to see him go.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why isn't the 2 pt conversion getting more scrutiny? - Stonyhands - 01-10-2016, 09:31 PM