Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From 8-0 to 0-5.... Will we be fooled again?
(01-10-2016, 09:59 AM)Adamantium Wrote: We all bought into the hype. 8-0 start. 12-4 regular season. This was our year to do great things. But once again, we blew it in the playoffs. This season is going to make it EXTREMELY difficult for me to get excited for future seasons. Regardless of how well we start, I just have no faith in the post-season. I hate to be so negative, but I don't see us even making the SB in the next decade, and probably a lot longer than that. At least not with Marv are the helm.

And then there's the issue of the refs being corrupt as f*ck. So the odds are pretty firmly stacked against us. But the bottom line is just because we start the season red hot.... it doesn't mean sh*t. I remember when we were 6...7...8-0 and people here were talking about 16-0 and the SB......  Hilarious

From this point forward, until we actually WIN a playoff game, I'm not getting excited again. I don't care if we go 15-1, earn homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, and get the first round bye....... I won't be fooled again.  Whatever

I wasn't fooled this time.  I knew there was a chance that we would be one and done.  That is the nature of this game.

I do see us winning a SB though.  At some point.  When?  I don't know and I like it that way.  If I knew, then I could make a lot of money though, so I wouldn't necessarily mind knowing.  

There are many teams that have great starts and fail in the playoffs.  I mean the Panthers could lose next week to the Seahawks, the Broncos could lose to the Steelers, the Patriots could lose to the Chiefs.  Winning in the NFL is never a given so I don't get the "I was fooled" mentality that you have.  It is like saying "how could I not win the lottery?"  I mean you had to know that there was a chance that you could lose right?

Think about this.  In 2013 the 13-3 Denver Broncos hosted the 10-6 Baltimore Ravens in the playoffs.  Broncos had the victory, and gave up a 70 yard TD to lose the game.  It happens.  Sure it sucks to not have won a playoff game since the early 90s, but most of the reason we haven't won a playoff game in so long is because we haven't been going to the playoffs.  Now we are a perennial playoff team and yes we all expected to have some success, but again there is no such thing as a guaranteed victory.  

I will take a 9-7 record and a playoff birth every year, with a chance to win in the playoffs and thus a chance to win a SB over the alternative of not making the playoffs at all.  Yet that also means that with every chance to win in the playoffs comes a chance to be a 1 and done team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: From 8-0 to 0-5.... Will we be fooled again? - Sovereign Nation - 01-11-2016, 08:16 AM