Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video evidence of referee and announcer bias
(01-11-2016, 08:45 AM)djam Wrote: What bothers me is I grew up watching hits like that all the time. For AB, it would've been viewed as unfortunate if he got hurt and nothing more. Play over, move on --BUT, not in todays NFL.

I have no issue with the non call on the hit against Gio, if they didnt call the hit against Brown. But the fact remains, they issued a double standard in front of the entire world with those two plays. The flag against Jones, IMO, was the ref doing his part to make a little extra money for the game. Nobody is that stupid. If a ref can miss that, he should'nt have ever been a ref.

Here is the thing though.  Sure they played the double standard for the entire world to see with those 2 plays.  However, the world won't see the double standard.  As far as most non Bengals fans, we are the dirty, cheap shot players, just look at the penalties.  

Even if we as Bengals fans, competently explain that Shazier's hit was illegal and that if the refs don't call that, then they shouldn't have called Burfict for his hit either, it won't matter.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video evidence of referee and announcer bias - Sovereign Nation - 01-11-2016, 08:53 AM