Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any defending this latest angle on Burfict's sack on Big Ben
(01-11-2016, 01:15 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Same here.  What's done is done.  After listening to the national pundits, it's time to hang with our guys.  Pittsburgh played a lot outside the rules as well.  

Yes, they did, and if we fight fire with fire, I can live with it.....but even worse, their coaching staff got involved.  That's unacceptable.

(01-11-2016, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's fine with me, after the Bernard hit it was obvious the refs were going to let them injure our players with impunity. Burfict gave them something to think about in the future.... you take out one of ours, we are taking out 2 of yours. Shazier got Bernard, Burfict repaid them with Brown and Rapistberger. So Pissburgh, you want to continue to play this kind of game in the future???????

Exactly....which is why I'm glad we've got a guy on the edge on our team now.  Simply for two games a year.

(01-11-2016, 01:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: If every player on every team was under a microscope you would see plays every game that are "dirty". If there was a camera at the bottom of every pile people would be mortified. If there were mics on every player every second people would be outraged. The fact of the matter is almost no one is "clean", even the offensive guys (crack back blocks that are just now illegal, but many still go uncalled). The Burffict perception is he is worse, and right or wrong, it gets him more scrutiny than others. The hit on Williams has happened a million times during games, once again right or wrong, it happens all the time and is just one of those things that happen and normally is handled on the field by players. There is a reason they tell QB's to get down or out of bounds after an int, guys will take the opportunity to clean the QB's clock and it isn't uncommon hence why it is common knowledge to qbs to be on the lookout.

Truth.  Folks who never played, never understand.

(01-11-2016, 01:26 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Yup. What's even more sickening is the media witch hunt is implying that Brown was targeted because of the Bernard hit. While simultaneously ignoring the severity of the Bernard hit. And the super classy celebration while Bernard was still unconscious. Can you imagine what would have happened if Burfict was dancing while Brown was still out? 

This....and the incident with DeCastro.

(01-11-2016, 01:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: We know what would have happened, remember the Bell injury? They claimed he celebrated the injury and attributed it to him being dirty. There is a double standard, which goes back to my post a couple posts up.

Exactly right.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there any defending this latest angle on Burfict's sack on Big Ben - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-11-2016, 01:47 PM