Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Adam Jones on DP Show: Brown was faking it
(01-11-2016, 12:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Intent doesn't matter in this game.  A penalty is a penalty is a penalty.  It doesn't matter if Shazier intended to harm Benard, what matters is that outside of the tackle box neither side can dip their head and lead with the crown of the helmet and deliver it forcibly onto the body.  Especially to the head and neck area.

Just like the intent of Burfict isn't important either.  He struck the head and neck area of a defenseless receiver.  Now it could be argued that Burfict's was "incidental" since contact may have been unavoidable, and he didn't lead with his helmet or even launch into the WR.  However, I don't really have a problem with the call.  I don't like it, but was fine with it.  Jones' penalty was BS though and I am not fine with that one, there is a rule that prohibits coaches from coming onto the field without express permission from the ref.  Even with permission there is a rule that an opposing coach can't use abusive language toward the opposing players.  Taunting is also a penalty and that is exactly what Porter was doing by being in OUR huddle.  It isn't like we were right next to Brown, we were huddled far enough that Porter just being in the huddle should have been flagged.

That's the problem, because it does matter.

It shouldn't. But it does.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Jones on DP Show: Brown was faking it - CJD - 01-11-2016, 02:35 PM