Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Vontez Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league
(01-11-2016, 07:50 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Don't mean to bump and old thread, but thought this was the best place to ask. What if Burfict goes low on Brown and completely shreds his knee or knees, is the consensus that he is still dirty??  I am a fan of his all the way, and while I think he is borderline,, this is the kind of guy we have been waiting for.

The way that many, including myself, were brought up to play football;  The idea is to hurt your opponent (I did not say try to injure, different meaning), by hitting them hard and causing them some pain, within the confines of the rules of the game.  The idea was to take away some of their willpower to remain aggressive.

Much has changed over the years, about what is considered acceptable hard play, and what is considered to be "dirty".

However, if you ask me, a guy that would intentionally take out the knee is more unethical than the guy that likes to "ring the bell" of his opponent.  Why?  ACL is a season, and sometimes a career ender.  That takes away a man's livelihood.  Dizzying his head usually just gets him out of your hair, for the rest of the game.

So, is Vontaze Burfict a dirty player?  I don't really think he's dirty.  I think that he tries to push the line to it's limit with intensity, emotion, and hard physical play.  I like that in him.  Every team wants a player like him on their team, but hates to be the team facing him.  For years Bengal fans cried about players like that wearing Black and Gold.  Now their crying about the Super Destroyer wearing stripes.  I don't get it..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vontez Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league - SunsetBengal - 01-11-2016, 08:06 PM