Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did any of our coaches....
(01-12-2016, 02:54 PM)BigSeph Wrote: I would guess he wasn't reminded.  If he was, he would have had 2 hands on the ball and just gone down at initial contact.

Marvin Lewis, rather than waste 2 timeouts as Pittsburgh is driving down the field (which probably helped Pittsburgh) should have spent 1 after Burfict's INT and said

"Under no circumstances do you give away this ball.  We're going to run it and try to get a 1st down, but you secure that ball at all costs.  We will eat up their 3 timeouts and kick a FG and make them go the length of the field, the only way we screw this up is with a fumble - DO NOT FUMBLE.  They will be trying to strip that ball with every ounce of their being - DO NOT LET THEM."

And then after the fumble when Ben came out I would have called another timeout and said "He can't throw deep balls, keep everything underneath, tackle them in-bounds, and don't do anything stupid to giftwrap them 15-yard penalties - the refs are going to be watching you guys like hawks, just do your job and tackle their players inbounds."

I'm willing to bet that neither speech was given to the players and none of those points were reinforced.

You're right they were probably playing Angry Birds. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Did any of our coaches.... - Daddy-O - 01-12-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Did any of our coaches.... - BigSeph - 01-12-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Did any of our coaches.... - CageTheBengal - 01-12-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: Did any of our coaches.... - BigSeph - 01-12-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: Did any of our coaches.... - BigSeph - 01-12-2016, 03:28 PM