Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't think people realize how well
(01-09-2016, 06:51 PM)Beaker Wrote: I really don't think people realize just exactly how well the Bengals FO has done over the past decade. You can take last season as an example. The Bengals had 17 players on IR and still won 10.5 games and made the playoffs. To put that into perspective, the ravens had 21 players on IR this year and went 5-11. And thats with everyone trumpeting how good Ozzie Newsome is at drafting. Just let that sink in and I think you will appreciate this franchise a little more.

The Ravens had 19 players on the IR last season, won 10 games, made the playoffs, and won a game in the playoffs. They had the most injuries they have had in team history and still did more than the Bengals have been able to do in 25 years.

The difference between this season is who was on the IR. This season those 21 players included their QB, their #1 RB, their #1,2,4,5, receivers, their best defensive player (best pass rusher), their starting center, a starting offensive tackle, their #1 and 2 tight ends, and a starting safety. 

A quick look at the IR from the Bengals 2014 seasons shows us this is an asinine comparison. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think people realize how well - BmorePat87 - 01-12-2016, 03:11 PM