Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone broke into my house last night
(06-12-2015, 12:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I agree with you. If I had a gun or if I do end up getting one, in no way would I shoot to kill. Pulling a gun on someone should be enough of a scare tactic to get them out of your house. If not, then by all means I would have no problem at least shooting them in the leg and disabling them. Shooting to kill would be a last resort and desperation. 

I dunno, man.  I feel like going the gun route requires some resolve and mental preparedness to use it without hesitation if necessary.  Otherwise, you're just adding another dangerous factor into the equation.  That's a high pressure environment and there's no reason to bring the gun into it at all if you're unsure.  Just get a bat or a golf club or a kitchen knife.

There was actually an incident here in Lexington this past week that pertains to this.  Somebody was trying to rob some guys in an apt (probably drugs involved).  The victims realized what was going on and one of them pointed an unloaded pistol at the intruder.  The robbers called his bluff and shot him.  You can't always assume that the presence of the gun will scare someone off.  People that do shit like that don't always think like a rational person.

Wield the gun with intent or go a different route, IMO.  get a security system or a big, nasty dog.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone broke into my house last night - samhain - 06-14-2015, 01:17 AM