Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do steeler fans feel about their coaches
(01-12-2016, 04:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've defended Tomlin and I've criticized him. I think he has many faults that get glossed over because he's had some all pro players that make him look better than he is.

I think Haley is a good fit and has cut down on the "too cute plays".

I like what Butler has done in 98% of the games so far.

Heck even special teams gaffes haven't really stuck out this year.

Overall they are doing well...but that doesn't mean they can't all be better.

I think that the "reputation" the Steelers have is both good and bad. They have a model of consistency and winning. They also get a reputation for being hard hitting / crossing the line.

I also think the Bengals would relish having the same "reputation" on both counts.

This is a different NFL than even when Cowher was coach. They've changed rules in the middle of the season, the officials are under more pressure to "get it right" so they often call what they THINK they see vs what happened, and the league itself is under pressure to care about "player safety" not because they really care but because of possible lawsuits. Added up it leads to hits that would be good and celebrated just 5-6 years ago being illegal and fineable even if no foul was called. Its hard to put THAT on the coach vs say having players that can't funnel their emotions into their play and instead cross the line too often.

Just my 2 cents.
Agreed. To the very first part, Tomlin is a very good coach but continually makes decision and field teams for games against worthlesd that are unacceptable for a veteran coach. I think his clock management skills have gotten worse over the years.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do steeler fans feel about their coaches - 6andcounting - 01-12-2016, 04:35 PM