Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you looking forward to the Most this Football Season?
I look forward to just having football back. It's such a long offseason.

I look forward to my fantasy drafts and seeing old friends.

I look forward to college football returning a week before and setting the stage for the men's league. I work nights and sleep until about 10:30 on Saturdays. There's nothing better than starting the weekend by walking out into the living room when the wife has game day on and bacon cooking in the kitchen. Seriously one of my ten favorite things about being alive. I look forward to goofy-ass Lee Corso and his mascot predictions kicking off the weekend, then it's on.

I look forward to having games on from 12pm into the early morning hours of Sunday (West Coast games), giving me a chance to watch any time. I look forward to hoping UK can pull off some stupid upset in the SEC, prompting people around campus to set stuff on fire.

I look forward to prepping my fantasy roster all week and one last time Sunday morning, fighting for players that may not amount to jack all in the name of finding something.

Then there's Sunday. I think about it all freaking week (sad, I know). Opening Day ranks ahead of Christmas and my birthday in terms of excitement for me. My favorite day of the year by a lot. I look forward to seeing predictions fall flat. I look forward to powerhouse becoming doormats and laughingstocks becoming contenders. Nothing is funnier than looking back at all the schedule release angst 8 games in when half the teams you were worried about are shells of their supposed selves.

Mostly I look forward to keeping the hope that this team can become something more alive. It was as strong as ever weeks1-3 last year. It was strong after the GB game in 2013. I just want to keep it all year long this time around. We take some beatings as a fan base. There have been some epic letdowns. I want to remain confident all year in 2015.

This time of year, I look forward to almost everything about football season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are you looking forward to the Most this Football Season? - samhain - 06-14-2015, 03:01 AM