Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Deion Sanders defends Burfict hit on Brown
(01-12-2016, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Deion says that pretty much, as a defender, you don't know that Brown will not catch that ball, but if he does and stays upright, Burfict is playing it to make a hit into the chest/gut of Brown. He also says that if the hit was intentional, Burfict would not have tucked his shoulder and arm in.

I can see that Burfict could have been playing to put a hit into Brown's chest/gut to ensure Brown doesn't catch the ball or at least not allow him to advance beyond the spot of the hit. I actually thought that when the play happened, and the fact that others (especially someone like Sanders) think that too means I might not be completely crazy.
There was no way Burfict had enough time to avoid a hit. I don't think he was aiming at Brown's head. Brown put his head at risk when he lowered it before the hit which is the problem I have with the penalty call. I almost think they need to do what they do in college which is go to replay if there is any question about a head shot or leading with helmet.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deion Sanders defends Burfict hit on Brown - cinci4life - 01-13-2016, 02:51 AM