Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns complete second interview with Hue; expected to make him a formal offer
(01-13-2016, 02:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown can't possibly lose a negotiation because he is the sole owner of an NFL franchise.  The guy is completely without accountability.  He just says "NO" to everything from "GM?" to "indoor practice facility" to "Hey, want 47 picks for Akili Smith?"  Right or wrong decision, he's Mike Brown and he owns the team, so only Mike Brown can fire Mike Brown.

Mike Brown can't lose.  He simply can't.  To act as though he's some sort of crack-shot negotiator is like saying I totally out-negotiated my cat when he was all like "Meow?" and I didn't open the cupboard and get the cat food out and fill up his bowl.  

Hmm, I can see "The Browns want me as HC" to be the bottom-of-the-barrel threat.  The way I see it, Hue would want to go there, or use it as a bargaining chip and Mike will "shrewdly" stand his ground and let Hue leave.  Mike wins yet another argument, and the Bengals and the fans are left to weather yet another consequence of Mike's decision-making.  Here's hoping it's a good one.

Mike Brown held on to CP until he got strong value. He traded for Reggie Nelson and gave up next to nothing. However you feel about him the guy wins negotiations.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns complete second interview with Hue; expected to make him a formal offer - StLucieBengal - 01-13-2016, 03:53 AM
RE: Hue is Dumber Then He Looks... - J24 - 01-13-2016, 02:05 AM