Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do steeler fans feel about their coaches
(01-13-2016, 01:56 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I like Haley. He is a good coach.

I think the organization was smart to put a 'gag order' on Porter following Saturday nights game. This is a good time for him to keep quiet, something he has trouble with.

I think Tomlin is an okay coach, but allows a questionable looseness in his coaching staff. (BTW- I don't think Marvin is any better in that regard, at least with the players).

I didn't like Haley at first. When they announced him for the OC I was not pleased. But given the performance the offense has put out there, I can't complain. And doing it with a RB that can't stay healthy is a bonus.

I'm unhappy with our defense, though, and have been for a few years. Even with Lebeau, our defense had lost the edge. He is a great defensive mind, but the league knows his tricks now and it will be interesting to see if we can turn that around in the coming years.

I'm not a fan of Tomlin. He is too much of a friend to the players. You have to walk a fine line, there, and he is too much on the side of "buddy" rather than coach from the interactions I see, and I think that is what can lead to some of the behavior issues.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do steeler fans feel about their coaches - Belsnickel - 01-13-2016, 02:06 PM