Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do steeler fans feel about their coaches
(01-13-2016, 02:31 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I've always noticed this as well, always assumed it was because of his age.  The fine line you speak of reminds me of that john wooden quote "A coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment."  Has to be more difficult to do that when the age difference between coach and player is smaller and the 'buddy' relationship is a tool to keep the resentment at bay.

Will be very interesting to see how Gase approaches this with the Dolphins

I remember this coming up with him when he first got to Pittsburgh because he and Farrior were in college at about the same time and they played each other, IIRC. I actually remember seeing Tomlin play because W&M is a division rival for JMU and we had season tickets when I was younger (before they got outrageously priced and they gave them to Faculty/Staff on the cheap). He's to the point now where he won't get too many players close to him in age, but I think him starting off as a head coach and having that influences how he will act with the players going forward.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do steeler fans feel about their coaches - Belsnickel - 01-13-2016, 02:52 PM