Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-14-2015, 01:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it is pretty obvious why a non-believer would be afraid that the scripture it true. Fear comes into play with the compulsion to have to "prove it wrong."

In this very thread it was pointed out that the world was a circle when seen from above; The only object that could appear as a circle from any vantage point from above would be a sphere. Folks quickly stated that this meant it was a flat disc. A flat disc would not appear to be a circle when viewed from any other vantage point except direct above it and at it's center. There is also scripture of a horizon at which day is separated from night, this can only happen in a sphere.

Yet folks are so afraid that this may be true that they insert things in various parts of the scripture that are never stated; such as they saw the whole world from a mountain or bring up a tree that was part of a dream.

If folks were not afraid that the word might be true they wouldn't try so hard to prove it is. They attempt to console themselves with  their "intellect". Luckily it is not too late to fill yourself with something much greater; you just have to believe and not be so "smart".

[Image: Flat-Washer-DIN125-.jpg]

Do you recognize the objects in the picture?  They're called "flat washers."  The look like a circle when viewed from above.  They are also flat.  They are so damn flat they included "flat" in the name.  Simple.  Logical.  Rational.  You won't even acknowledge the difference between a 2D object and a 3D object.  By rejecting simple, rational logic you reinforce the stereotype that Christians like you reject simple, rational logic.  Why? Because if the Bible claims itself to be true and something is proven incorrect then it casts doubts about what the Bible says about the afterlife and their faith as a whole.  That's scary.  Religion assuages the fear and doubt of many about what happens after death.  I'm not looking forward to death, but I don't fear what happens after.  So why would I need to prove the Bible wrong?  Simple: I don't.

If you want to believe in a virgin birth and reanimation of the dead that is your business.  If two dudes want to get married that is their business.  When two dudes can't get married because you believe in a virgin birth and reanimation of the dead then we have a problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-14-2015, 02:37 PM