Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-14-2015, 12:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Did you ever have any discussions with WhoDeyJon?  He is a classic example of an evangelical inerrancy proponent who was very quick to point out to other Christians their interpretation of the Bible was incorrect if it wasn't inline with his beliefs.  He believed the Earth was formed in seven 24 hour Earth days because that is what the Bible says.  Any other belief is incorrect.  So if they Bible says you could see all the kingdoms from one mountain top then that is exactly what WhoDeyJon would tell us is correct.

Part of the problem with these discussions is ascertaining which type of Christian you are debating; a WhoDeyJon or a rfaulk34.  Some people are reasonable and others aren't.  My wife belongs to a UU church.  I'm not a member, but I go with her when I can.  (Nine year old daughter slept in so I'm at home with her today.)  What I like about the UU church is they accept all beliefs and they don't try to make anyone's beliefs to conform to a specific doctrine.  If all faiths were like that this Earth would be a much better place.

If people of every faith respected others beliefs and life choices while still disagreeing, I doubt I would be here typing any of this.  However, when I see people of one faith discriminating against others based upon their faith and trying to impose their religious beliefs on others through legislation I can't keep my mouth shut.

You seem to be a reasonable person, so if I have offended you I apologize.  My remarks aren't directed at reasonable people, but the WhoDeyJon's of the world regardless of their faith.

I do recall reading a pretty good amount of WhoDeyJon's posts over the years. Seen and heard plenty of instances where i've thought professing Christians were as wrong as non-believers, whether it was their stance or their delivery. 

People will argue for hours and days about a particular scripture or passage or about which word was used in that passage and what it means. At a certain point you just have to ask, "what's the good of this?". I believe there are clear cut lines not to cross but overall I try and keep it as simple as possible so that the true message isn't lost in the delivery. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - rfaulk34 - 06-14-2015, 03:12 PM