Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-14-2015, 02:37 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: Flat-Washer-DIN125-.jpg]

Do you recognize the objects in the picture?  They're called "flat washers."  The look like a circle when viewed from above.  They are also flat.  They are so damn flat they included "flat" in the name.  Simple.  Logical.  Rational.  You won't even acknowledge the difference between a 2D object and a 3D object.  By rejecting simple, rational logic you reinforce the stereotype that Christians like you reject simple, rational logic.  Why? Because if the Bible claims itself to be true and something is proven incorrect then it casts doubts about what the Bible says about the afterlife and their faith as a whole.  That's scary.  Religion assuages the fear and doubt of many about what happens after death.  I'm not looking forward to death, but I don't fear what happens after.  So why would I need to prove the Bible wrong?  Simple: I don't.

If you want to believe in a virgin birth and reanimation of the dead that is your business.  If two dudes want to get married that is their business.  When two dudes can't get married because you believe in a virgin birth and reanimation of the dead then we have a problem.

Besides that if you go to the top of a mountain and look in all directions you have basically looked 360 degrees, which is a circle. This seems to jive with their flat earth beliefs more so than trying to pretend they thought the Earth was a sphere.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - WhoDeyWho - 06-14-2015, 03:25 PM