Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Andy to Browns for their #2 pick
(01-13-2016, 08:50 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Sorry for stepping on your toes. As I said I'm just throwing it out there. I could also see AJ being the one who would go,but to get a number two pick, that would be awesome.

That is why I speculate AJM as the QB to be traded.  To me a 5th round back up QB being traded for a 2nd round pick is an upgrade.  With Hue Jackson, unless he wants to role the dice with someone he hasn't worked with yet, he may be interested in AJM, since he already has coached him and they could continue to work together.

Add to the fact that Jackson was the OC when we drafted AJM that sorta means AJM is Hue's guy.

So, me personally, I would pull the trigger for a 3rd rounder, however, I do think we could get a 2nd rounder.  With Hue we could get a 1st rounder and maybe more.

I know how some Bengals fans perceive such a deal, but sometimes you have to swallow your pride and make smart decisions.  If the Browns come offering, especially a 1st rounder, you have to entertain the idea.  If Hue's influence were to get us a 1st and a conditional 2nd for AJM, you have to pull the trigger and would be foolish to say know.

A 5th round back up QB for a 1st plus conditional 2nd (the conditional part is, Browns make the playoffs or AJM throws for 20 plus TDs and 4,000 yards and we get a 1st.)  That would be an insane trade.

Dalton believe it or not is worth more than that though, since he is an established QB.  We win if he plays.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trade Andy to Browns for their #2 pick - Sovereign Nation - 01-13-2016, 10:37 PM