Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson wants to talk about discrimination against Christians, not gay people
(06-14-2015, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: I understand what you are saying but I fall in the camp of someone can be quite bright and accomplished in their field (like Dr. Carson) and still be an idiot who should never be in charge of other people...let alone an entire country.

Einstein was brilliant...but could he have handled an invasion?  

Some people are good leaders with open minds and an ability to access situationsn and make decisions.  Some are simply guided by their ideology or religion...or both.
I completely understand your point, and agree that some people can completely competent on complex issues in their lives and completely befuddled in more commonsense issue.  I don't know anything about Carson as a doctor, I just know that he is one.   Reminds me of the joke "what do you call a doctor that graduates at the bottom of their class?  Doctor"

When you sound like an idiot regarding things not all that complex, it's going to make people question if can understand more complex issues.  Maybe I could've stated it better but I thought the point was understood, unless one is trying to be snarky, and make something out of nothing.  But then again it's all that Christianphobia pouring out of me. :snark:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson wants to talk about discrimination against Christians, not gay people - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 06-14-2015, 04:51 PM