Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Andy to Browns for their #2 pick
(01-14-2016, 01:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hue overpaid for Carson by a mile, but they were one Bears RB running out of bounds when he didn't have to away from hosting the Ravens in a playoff game in 2011.  After that the Raiders canned Hue (who got decent performances out of Campbell, Boller, rusty Palmer, a backup RB, and WRs no one heard of) and hired a crap HC who brought a crap OC.  Sure, they gave up a 1st and 2nd for Palmer, but he played a season and a half, and once Carson left they used 3 QBs and spent about 15 million bucks to start a single game, lose it, and throw 0 TDs.

So....Hue trades a 1 and 2 for Palmer while he is replaced finally by Carr after the Raiders spend a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and a 2nd.

I know I'm in the minority on this (heck, maybe I'm alone on this), but I don't think he did. At least not by as much as people think. The problem when people judge that trade is that they view it as a flop because Carson didn't lead them to the playoffs that year. Thing is, I'm sure Hue didn't push that trade with 1 year in mind. Who knows how things would've turned out had Oakland kept Hue and Carson? For that reason, I don't think Hue was an idiot to offer what he did. Look at Carson now. 

How much is 7+ years of stability at the QB position worth? I'd say a lot. That's probably what Hue envisioned when he made that trade. That post-season press conference is what made the trade look so bad in hindsight, because it basically punched Hue and (eventually) Carson's tickets out of town.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trade Andy to Browns for their #2 pick - Shake n Blake - 01-14-2016, 02:14 AM