Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers scared of retribution from their dirty hits.
(01-14-2016, 05:07 AM)TRsome Wrote: Or something like that.

It'd be one thing if Wallace was a habitually dirty player, but he doesn't have that reputation.  

Here's the thing: the retribution mentality is getting out of control (and yes, I am including Vince Williams' 'painting' comments).  If players don't get it under control, every game is going to be like Saturday night.  And while some might find it entertaining, it would not be good for the game.  

Should Wallace have done what he did? No.  But the man was both penalized and fined.  This vigilante 'eye for an eye' mentality is on the same degenerate level as the original offense.  On top of that, when a guy's main offense is limited to one play, you cant even make the case that you're teaching a dirty player a lesson, because said player isn't still playing dirty.  

For the sake of the game this kind of stuff needs to be kept under control. And again, I include the Steelers among the guilty parties, so if anyone's planning on accusing me of being a homer, forget it.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers scared of retribution from their dirty hits. - JS-Steelerfan - 01-14-2016, 09:25 AM