Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Andy to Browns for their #2 pick
(01-14-2016, 02:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know I'm in the minority on this (heck, maybe I'm alone on this), but I don't think he did. At least not by as much as people think. The problem when people judge that trade is that they view it as a flop because Carson didn't lead them to the playoffs that year. Thing is, I'm sure Hue didn't push that trade with 1 year in mind. Who knows how things would've turned out had Oakland kept Hue and Carson? For that reason, I don't think Hue was an idiot to offer what he did. Look at Carson now. 

How much is 7+ years of stability at the QB position worth? I'd say a lot. That's probably what Hue envisioned when he made that trade. That post-season press conference is what made the trade look so bad in hindsight, because it basically punched Hue and (eventually) Carson's tickets out of town.

I agree with you.  He may have slightly overpaid, but he was trying to salvage the best season Oakland had in a decade.  Also, look at how Palmer is playing.  If Hue would have stayed, and Palmer gave the same level of production as he has had on Arizona, no one would question it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trade Andy to Browns for their #2 pick - OrlandoBengal - 01-14-2016, 01:49 PM